The flaw in smosh positions

chris@voobly

Group: Server Administrator
Posted 18 May 2016 - 7:44 am
You can disable adblock on the sites you want to support, you know that right? 11 Aside from that I highly doubt voobly would have financial issues without ads.

We couldn't pay our server without them.
Lien | Répondre | Citation
 [dv8]KoolSavas

Group: Standard Membership
Posted 18 May 2016 - 9:26 am
Voobly just hosted a 100k Dollar RM tourney last year. Im pretty sure the Tyrant members alone would happily pay for the voobly servers in case voobly has financial problems.
 nhoobish

Posted 18 May 2016 - 9:45 am
Voobly just hosted a 100k Dollar RM tourney last year. Im pretty sure the Tyrant members alone would happily pay for the voobly servers in case voobly has financial problems.

Voobly hosts a great deal of things, but sponsors are the ones who provide the money for them or the players themselves by donating to the prize pools or via VooblyOfficial donation/subscription. Anyway we should not argue about this really, I have an opinion and you have yours. I believe that by viewing ads I will be helping someone who actually could use the revenue for a purpose. Let the money flow, Malte.
 [dv8]KoolSavas

Posted 18 May 2016 - 9:57 am
If you are so pro ads then I dont understand why you were so upset that I hosted the screenshot on a site that has many ads ;KO After all you only seem to be willing to view ads on voobly or on sites you want to support in general. Why not use adblock then like I suggested and disable it on voobly?
 nhoobish

Posted 18 May 2016 - 10:05 am
If you are so pro ads then I dont understand why you were so upset that I hosted the screenshot on a site that has many ads ;KO After all you only seem to be willing to view ads on voobly or on sites you want to support in general. Why not use adblock then like I suggested and disable it on voobly?

The problem was that I was unable to see the picture, because 3-4 German languaged ads popped up in my face with no way to close them. One thing is viewing them and another is being bombarded by them and making my unable to see the content. And I will not use your method, because there are countless sites like that which could actually use some support from ad revenue.
 [Eot_]Marvel__

Posted 18 May 2016 - 10:09 am
good lord this is a fkin stupid argument.
 V4NG3L1S

Posted 18 May 2016 - 10:24 am
Ads are cancer. No thanks.
 [dv8]KoolSavas

Posted 18 May 2016 - 10:25 am
nhoobish wrote:
The problem was that I was unable to see the picture, because 3-4 German languaged ads popped up in my face with no way to close them. One thing is viewing them and another is being bombarded by them and making my unable to see the content. And I will not use your method, because there are countless sites like that which could actually use some support from ad revenue.
Quote:
Dear Abloader,

We have a problem and need your help. In the last six years since we started, we have been able to sustain our services by showing advertisements. However, we now reached a point at which we cannot come along with this single source of income anymore. On the one hand, there is a market-induced reduction of our ad revenue day by day. On the other hand, we suffer from continuously increasing costs due to the amount and the size of the uploaded images.

We spent a lot of time discussing how to handle this situation and have finally come to a community-supported solution – hoping that this will allow us to run Abload in the future: Abload remains free of charge, but with the motto “A ‘Currywurst’ for Abload” we would like to ask our users for a voluntary donation of two Euro per month (or more, of course). As a little thank-you, we will turn off the advertisements on every [You must login to view link] site for all permanent donators.

Even the smallest donation helps. With more money, we will eventually be able to take-off sustainably – with new features, a high availability and very personal support. Please help us. Every donator counts!

If you have a Currywurst to spare for us, please choose one of the four donation methods.

We recommend using direct debit – it’s fast, easy and safe. The advantage for us is that we can calculate with this income. For more information, please have a look at the direct debit category.

Feel free to get in touch with us whenever you have questions or problems. Of course, we do speak English, too. Or at least we try to. :-)

Thank you very much in advance!
That site needs your support noobish.
 nhoobish

Posted 18 May 2016 - 10:52 am
Then they will be probably pleased of me clicking about 7 ads in attempts to somehow close it.
 [VCOM]Barry_

Group: Voobly Promoter
Posted 22 May 2016 - 9:08 am

Smosh 3v3 Tournament

Sunday 29th May 2016
Signups : 17:00 - 17:40 GMT
Starts: 18:00 GMT
 23RaidingParty

Group: Platinum Membership
Posted 3 September 2016 - 2:58 am
who cares about what some schmuck says with his ****ed MS paint skills
 [dv8]KoolSavas

Posted 3 September 2016 - 6:54 pm
Obviously you, hence the comment.
 23RaidingParty

Group: Platinum Membership
Edited 4 September 2016 - 4:47 pm by 23RaidingParty
Obviously you, hence the comment.

shut the **** up son

you've shamelessly put me on ignore for 6 months for no reason, you'll see my other face now
same with with zanchy

oh and you're a noob, nobody gives a damn about your ideas and your blue blood crap, nothing good will ever come out of you. i suggest you go play something at your level like league of legends.
 [dv8]KoolSavas

Posted 4 September 2016 - 5:10 pm
i suggest you go play something at your level like league of legends.

I like your other face ;1thumbup

12[3]
Displaying 31 - 44 out of 44 posts
Raccourcis de forum
2 User(s) are reading this topic (in the past 30 minutes)
0 members, 2 guests

Что интересно прямо сейчас
Word Association (9 пользователи)
Herofest 1v1 Tournament (7 пользователи)
Most legendary aoe player (5 пользователи)
Photos of Voobly Players (5 пользователи)
Top all round (4 пользователи)
JX_Stone, [_SY_]yinghua_ vs _VG_... (4 пользователи)
Bo7 CS Challenge (4 пользователи)
Master of bloods 1v1 Series 2 (4 пользователи)
CBA 2v2 Same Civ League (4 пользователи)
[_SY_]yinghua_'s Profile (2 пользователи)
Самые активные темы за последнюю неделю: