Europe pre-tourney write-up

[7th]And1zeas

Group: Standard Membership
Edited 18 August 2016 - 3:34 pm by [7th]And1zeas
I wanted to do a pre Europe tourney write-up with my predictions and pre-tourney thoughts.
Why? cause i like Europe, i like the Europe community (except some exceptions) and i'm excited about the RM/CS clash we're about to see. Feel free to (respectfully) disagree and write your own thoughts.

First off: Europe to me is mainly RM-gameplay based. RM is however a very wide range of maps and gametypes and being good in one RM map doesn't necessarily make you good at another.
Europe is similar to islands/nomad in the early stages and similar to Blackforest kinda boom maps with tight fighting gaps in later stages.
Europe is played on fast speed, and it has loads of resources which makes control over resources less important. It has infinite deep fish and a lot of water. With deep fish being the fastest food income in early stages of AoC it's obvious that water and navy fights will play a key role in this map.
Europe is a set map that's the same every time: so players who know the map by heart will have a big advantage over players who haven't much experience in it. Players who know the map will have an easier time ambushing the enemy, hiding their fishing ships and finding the enemy's fishing ships.
The build order for a steady economy is also different from almost all other RM maps.

So what i expect from this tourney is CS'ers with RM background having a huge advantage over RM players who haven't played Europe much.
If however these RM players practice it a bit and get to know the map, their better eco management and eco planning should start to kick in.

Having said all this we're having some interesting teams joining the tourney:

1. NaBs 19xx [NaBs]Nick and [NaBs]NorthernPike
Nick has the best of both worlds: He's been playing Europe for years so he knows the map very well.
He took home the silver in a previous Europe tourney and he has been playing on top level RM for the past couple of years. I'd expect Nick to be the best player participating in this Europe tourney.
His ally Northernpike is an incredible watermap player and he kicks ass at Blackforest as well.
Furthermore Nabs clan in general have great teamwork and play with teamspeak most of the time.
I haven't seen northernpike play many Europe games though, so i'm kinda fearing that he will underestimate the map and the other teams and not give this tourney a decent preparation.
If Northernpike takes this tourney serious i think they should win. If he doesn't prepare for it i doubt they will.

2. Oldschool: [Eot_]_HaNiI3aL_ [Eot_]Recon:
Recon (aka Leon aka Daydream) is a very old Europe player. He's also been 2.2k RM or something in the past and he took home the gold in a previous Europe tourney. He hasn't been that active for the last couple of years in either Europe or RM though so that will cost him.
Hanibal is a very strong RM player with a lot of experience in watermaps. He wasn't very experienced in Europe but got into it recently and improved very fast. He hasn't been that active the last couple of years either.
Basically very strong team also cause of their combo of RM knowledge en RM eco + Europe knowledge and experience.

3. Newschool: _sU [XceL]Cena_
Cena is probably the guy who has played most Europe games in the last 2 years out of everyone. He single handedly raised the bar and helped many players improve their game.
He is only rated ~175+ in RM but can easily hold himself vs higher-rated players, especially on water maps. Knows the map like few others and will take complete map control if u let him.
Su: A guy with a very big winner-mentality: figures out what's needed to be good at a map and then practices it untill he gets it right. He is 175+ RM Hun war and managed to learn Europe incredibly fast.
He has really strong micro which makes him a very dangerous grusher.
These guys took home the gold in the last Europe tourney, and i expect them to do big things this tourney as well, i think they will take out any 2k RM team that has no experience in Europe.

4.CZ Janik [Sfi]Error_cz:
Janik is said to be some legend on water maps: I hope this team prepares well and shows us their tricks.

5. Almost CZ MbL40C CZ_Liereyy
Mbl is no doubt a top RM-player. He's also one of the top BF-players. Let's hope he can hold his fishing ships long enough for us to see his BF skills.

6.Coon and Friends The_Coon MintBerryCrunch
Dave and Charlie: Charlie's been said to be one of the best Europe players ever. In recent games I felt like he was underperforming though, but if he gets more games in he can probably do big things.
He doesn't really play RM but his eco-management/eco planning can easily match a 17++ guy on a good day.
Dave isn't the best RM player either, but knows Europe very very well and uses that to his advantage. This guy is expected to do some crazy land rush which will work most of the times.
This team is one of the CS teams with very little pure RM experience that i think are capable of taking out the top RM teams who didn't prepare decently. When matched to Nabs/Oldschool/Newschool they'll fall short i think.

7up 18xx [7up]7_yuma [7up]RajaRam_
18++ /19++ Nomad players. Rajaram rocked 2nd place on the previous Europe ladder after only playing 10 games ever in Europe. His lack in Europe experience will cost him though, he usually doesn't take advantage of the fish boom enough and doesn't wall the right spots.
Definatly a team to keep an eye on though.

8. Baguettes [Titanic]Eques4 cebdos
RM arabia players who've been getting into Europe lately and are improving very fast. They have some very interesting build orders. Even though water/boom maps aren't really compatible to Arabia players, i expect them to do well.

9. XceL [XceL]__RoCk_1_ [XceL]Adrift
Also a team to keep an eye on. Both have a lot of experience in Europe and are 17++-ish RM players.
Rock took home the silver last Europe tourney.

Other notable teams:

Team NL, CSA, Eot_, Nadurra

Other teams have either too few Europe experience or too few RM experience imo.

I'm really looking forward to some CS/RM clashes.
Matches i'd really like to see:
-Any oldschool/newschool/nabs match up will be very interesting and imo hard to predict
-Coon and Friends vs any top RM team that has no Europe experience (should be a very different approach: map knowledge vs eco-power)

Honorary mention:
[ViCiouS]Silhouette_ is by far the best Europe drusher. Unfortunately he's a bit of a one trick pony and even drushes when he's on an island.

Post your opinions, predictions, concerns, others, ..

(TLDR: you're totally right, this was totally TLDR)
Lien | Répondre | Citation
 [ViCiouS]Marauder

Group: Voobly Promoter
Posted 18 August 2016 - 3:01 pm
Nice write up

I don't know why you put my name down there.....I have no idea who the coon is.

That being said......#teamcoon
 [ViCiouS]MiCh_

Posted 18 August 2016 - 3:18 pm
Very nice post Andy. Thanks :)
 nhoobish

Posted 18 August 2016 - 3:35 pm
No honorary mention of Dan? Lameee.
 [VCOM]GetMoreCSPoP

Group: Voobly Promoter
Posted 18 August 2016 - 11:53 pm
Prediction Contest
You can create your predictions now @ [You must login to view link]
Just click on create Predictions and submit after predicting :)
 [ViCiouS]DeJected_R

Posted 19 August 2016 - 1:54 am
haters wanna hate, lovers wanna love
i dont even know none of the above
i want to drush on u
yes i do

p.s i've mastered the nga rush, guaranteed victory
 gloo

Posted 19 August 2016 - 2:20 am
Don't care
 Icey_Voobly

Posted 19 August 2016 - 2:21 am
Close your eyes, show me your face, take me to that happy place. I'm gonna piss on you
 gloo

Posted 19 August 2016 - 2:23 am
Close your eyes, show me your face, take me to that happy place. I'm gonna piss on you

Nasty
 [ViCiouS]TheAussieOne

Posted 19 August 2016 - 4:44 am
I taught Nick everything he knows, which is nothing. What a noob.
 ['RB']ZottenDree

Posted 19 August 2016 - 5:02 am
nhoobish wrote:
No honorary mention of Dan? Lameee.

no need to talk about me when you know i will win this tournament anyway 8)
 nhoobish

Posted 19 August 2016 - 5:12 am
no need to talk about me when you know i will win this tournament anyway 8)

Good luck then, you need to start off with smashing a team called EscabioPorron.
 [XceL]__RoCk_1_

Posted 19 August 2016 - 8:59 am
;flowers very good stuff ! thanks for posting

Victory for Adrift ;pirate
 [7th]And1zeas

Posted 19 August 2016 - 9:11 am
;flowers very good stuff ! thanks for posting

Victory for Adrift ;pirate

If you don't get silver this time it's obviously only cause i was a better teammate
 23RaidingParty

Group: Platinum Membership
Posted 19 August 2016 - 9:11 am
team #2 is overrated

tournament will go for nabs or almost cz

[1]23
Displaying 1 - 15 out of 40 posts
Raccourcis de forum
1 User(s) are reading this topic (in the past 30 minutes)
0 members, 1 guests

O que é popular agora:
Os tópicos mais ativos da última semana: