Ratings

[ViCiouS]____Tom____

Group: Standard Membership
Posted 28 October 2011 - 3:57 pm
How is the Wall Street Protests a perfect example or comparison to what we're talking about here? lol
Lien | Répondre | Citation
 [ViCiouS]Archybot

Edited 28 October 2011 - 4:00 pm by [ViCiouS]Archybot
[I3acI]B wrote:
I'm not talking about CBA now. I'm talking about the complete lack of people hosting noob friendly blood games. Doesn't matter whether CBA is rated or not, people stick with what they know. When the zone was there, most likely you would stumble into a spider or graves game and get hooked. Now you stumble into a CBA game or a RCB game and thats what you know and all that you know.

There needs to be a community effort by all blood players to spread the word about blood maps or else everyone is just wasting their time.

We've tried everything, but the matter of the point is: People won't leave CBA since it's easier to play and get points it. Everything goes back to rates. Because of rates, people's idea of fun is having a bigger number. CBA caters to this the best, because you can be ****ing horrible and random into a civ better than all the rest, and win. Until people stop playing for points and start playing for fun competition (like online RTS/shooters are MEANT to be played), we can't.
[I3acI]B wrote:
You can bash LC all you damn well want but we are actually teaching and encouraging people to play bloods.

You message any of the ViCiouS members (especially Ben) that aren't trolls and you'd be surprised how much we are willing to help teach/improve people. I'm often asked by people when I log in for tips in hero fest, and I go out of my way to even watch them play/play against them to give said tips to them if I have time.
Tic@voobly wrote:
Well I, being one of the so called 99% trash thanks you for your kind words. You 'Blood players' totally amaze me with you higher than though attitude you openly admit to now only playing with knowns and want us to kill the most popular map on CS for a handful of players who Hoodlum even commented on hardly play anymore anycase. I am always ready to listen to constructive ideas on how to improve CS/voobly as is all on staff but with comments like this just meh!

Umm, where have you been the last 2+ years? We have given so much advice/ideas and they don't even get acknowledged that we have pretty much given up, because it's VOOBLY administrators that won't change. I often while I was a staff was ALWAYS pushing for harsher punishments to try to stop some of the problems we were having then, and you are FINALLY starting to do it. This topic is a prime example of this, I posted an alternative to rates to stop people from quitting, and I have received 0 posts about it even getting mentioned. To see an actual admin that cares about the integrity of the game over log in numbers in this topic baffles me, but honestly I think it's too little, too late.

But I already know your stance on the subject and know you are unwilling to change, RATE ALL THE THINGS!
 Tic@voobly

Group: Senior Directors
Posted 28 October 2011 - 4:00 pm
It's 'holier-than-thou,' but higher than though gave me a good laugh.

What blood players personally want and what is good for the health of the CS community are actually one in the same, so you can dislike our alleged motives, but it's hard to argue with the points we've presented.

Wow this could be a night of repetative posts thanks another typical example, I for one would sooner player with the so called trash than some of these 'elite' blood players and their attitudes any day.
 [ViCiouS]Archybot

Posted 28 October 2011 - 4:01 pm
Tic@voobly wrote:
Wow this could be a night of repetative posts thanks another typical example, I for one would sooner player with the so called trash than some of these 'elite' blood players and their attitudes any day.

Okay, and than you can deal with all the syncing/crashing/rtc complaints and problems that come from YOUR way.
 [ViCiouS]Archybot

Posted 28 October 2011 - 4:03 pm
I'll give you a hint if you can't figure it out, all those problems didn't exist when CBA and rates didn't exist as mainstream AoCCS.
 Tic@voobly

Posted 28 October 2011 - 4:07 pm
Okay, and than you can deal with all the syncing/crashing/rtc complaints and problems that come from YOUR way.

Tbh its not as common as you lot make out - and fyi we already do.
 [ViCiouS]Archybot

Edited 28 October 2011 - 4:12 pm by [ViCiouS]Archybot
Tic@voobly wrote:
Tbh its not as common as you lot make out - and fyi we already do.

Yep, 3 pages of complaints, some dating back to 11 days ago + resolved complaints that say "not enough evidence" even though said player has been reported 10+ times. How long did damian get away with hacking/syncing? And god damn how many mods do you have nowadays?

Yep, you are dealing with it :)
 Tic@voobly

Posted 28 October 2011 - 4:17 pm
Yep, 3 pages of complaints, some dating back to 11 days ago + resolved complaints that say "not enough evidence" even though said player has been reported 10+ times. How long did damian get away with hacking/syncing? And god damn how many mods do you have nowadays?

Yep, you are dealing with it :)

Was this before or after you posted hacks all over the place in order to kill voobly? And regards the amount of staff we are tying to help cover off timezones hence the amount, but why does that matter?
 [ViCiouS]Archybot

Edited 28 October 2011 - 4:29 pm by [ViCiouS]Archybot
Tic@voobly wrote:
Was this before or after you posted hacks all over the place in order to kill voobly? And regards the amount of staff we are tying to help cover off timezones hence the amount, but why does that matter?

Actually, this is right now, but you probably wouldn't know that. But thank you for bringing this up, how many pages of players were autobanned when you guys finally did patch it, after knowing about it for over a year? I believe it was around 4-5 pages of 50 each. How many of those were blood players? 0? How many of those were CBA players? Most of them? I thought so.

Let's play a game, I list every non CB player banned in CS for cheating/hacking in the last two years, and you list every CB type player banned in CS for the same thing, and than we compare ratios. Jk, I'm not that cruel. I'd be here for 30 seconds and you'd be here for almost a month.

Now this caters to the question of "Why do you cater to these type of players, instead of the players who don't do this?" I can't answer this one for you, because logic says you don't.

Oh, and about the mod thing, I'm just realizing in the past year it's becoming friends of mods and quantity over quality.
 Tic@voobly

Posted 28 October 2011 - 4:40 pm
Oh, and about the mod thing, I'm just realizing in the past year it's becoming friends of mods and quantity over quality.

LOL

And btw there have been players banned from your club but I am not about to list any, they know who they are.

Question is how smaller would the list have been if 'cheats' had not plastered all over the place.
 [ViCiouS]____Tom____

Posted 28 October 2011 - 4:43 pm
We have a club now? I thought we only had the sisterhood.
 [ViCiouS]Archybot

Edited 28 October 2011 - 4:52 pm by [ViCiouS]Archybot
Tic@voobly wrote:
And btw there have been players banned from your club but I am not about to list any, they know who they are.

If we are a club, we would know when one of us was banned. Your logic is flawed
Quote:
Question is how smaller would the list have been if 'cheats' had not plastered all over the place.
Another question if I hadn't plastered them all over the place: How likely would it be that I could go onto Voobly with same hacks on a smurf and resign a whole team today?
 Tic@voobly

Posted 28 October 2011 - 5:25 pm
Oh so we should thank you - sorry forgot that ..... sigh
 [ViCiouS]Marauder

Group: Voobly Promoter
Posted 28 October 2011 - 5:38 pm
Tbh voobly is the only client that cares enough to even accept complaints from players

99% of those complaints come from ratings

ratings = complaints

complaints = a policy to deal with them

policy = rules to make sure players are punished AND to make sure they aren't punished for things they didn't do

rules to make sure players aren't punished for things they didn't do = loop holes which the real cheaters can slip through

loop holes = not enough evidence provided by the victims of these cheaters

not enough evidence provided by victims = internet gamers who aren't interested, or don't have the time to gather the right evidence

= double edged sword
 BF_Basse

Posted 28 October 2011 - 6:04 pm
The ignorance of Voobly staff is stunning...

ALL the "this player hacks, bann him" and "This player no continue, draw points!!11!!" theads are from CBA rooms. I haven't seen a single thread from blood players complaining about cheats and hacks so far.

GR has no problems with hackers, cheaters or quitters in CBA games. I have plenty of friends playing CBA there (I know, shame on me!)

«567891011121314[15]16171819202122232425»
Displaying 211 - 225 out of 404 posts
Raccourcis de forum
5 User(s) are reading this topic (in the past 30 minutes)
0 members, 5 guests

Most active threads in past week: