Ratings

[I3acI]__reznor

Group: Standard Membership
Posted 25 October 2011 - 6:55 am
Remove them all in every form. Too much work to moderate them + you're right that they turn people into rate obsessed chimps.
Lien | Répondre | Citation
 [ InC ]_ShruiKan_

Posted 25 October 2011 - 7:15 am
We did not need rating in zone to enjoy the game
so why should we need it now

i say yes to remove of points
 [ViCiouS]Sneak_

Posted 25 October 2011 - 7:16 am
Just keep Win/ Loss ratio and just use a Level system Level 1 - 5, hardly anything exciting but enough to know if someone is a noob or not in CBA
 [_TW]Run_run_run_run

Posted 25 October 2011 - 7:24 am
If you remove the rating system you change all the way to think and play this game
Some come for the fun of another for the level etc ... you will change the whole approach worked and the glory of zone area and IGZ. (you change the target platform). I personally do not care but you take a huge risk lol.
 [7th]RedRuM__

Edited 25 October 2011 - 7:34 am by [7th]RedRuM__
Remove the ratings, but keep it only for CBA. Arguements for this point of view have already been given. I support this point of view.

Add other CBA types of maps to the ladder! CBX, MCB, RCB, MINI Castle blood etc. So have a castle blood ladder, but remove ANYTHING else.

We need ratings for CBA types of maps to determine the average skill level(in order to host correct games), but all the rest cause more hardship than joy.

At G4m3R4ng3r you can't play one CBA game without atleast one guy quitting. So, rating does have a use in this sense.

And reset the CBA ladder every 6, 8 or 12 months!
 [DZ]deadlydeo

Group: Voobly Promoter
Posted 25 October 2011 - 7:35 am
Just to add to my previous view..

Just in case if you decided to remove CBA ladder, then you need to remove over all ladder also. In-fact I would say all the ladders. Many people practiced a lot over the time to be good CBA players. Just like the blood players. Removing an entire ladder just for the sake of some stupid cheaters/points maniacs is really shame. Instead we should try to reduce desire for points. I again insist, Reset all ladders periodically would definitely help us proceed in the same direction.
 RIP_TridenT__

Posted 25 October 2011 - 9:01 am
but ppl will still pt in cba.... u either gotta get rid of it all, or do nothing and change the rules on pt......
believe me lol half of the players on front page of cba page pt too.. it's all ladders....... look at estigma, only plays vs 15++ chileian friends
 [ViCiouS]Marauder

Group: Voobly Promoter
Posted 25 October 2011 - 9:09 am
Removing all ladders other than cba would be counter productive

99.9% of complaints come from cba games, and the number of complaints is growing every day

The main reason we don't get complaints from mcb, bloods, or alternative maps is that there is a relatively small community in each map and most of them know each other. If you constantly drop from games then you won't get to play. A lot of times they won't even let you into the games because they don't know you, which encourages people to use the same name instead of smurfing. CBA is a whole different monster since there are so many games running at the same time and a lot of those players have just played CBA and nothing else.

I'm afraid removing ratings will just diminish the game to the point we were a few years ago, with a max 300 player lobby at peak times.
 _HERACLES_

Posted 25 October 2011 - 9:23 am
@all

if someone hacks u while u were playing aoe...would u delte aoc and stop playing????/or u would take to stop hacking and do ur own thing????????????

similarly the community should stand up and ban those cheats and hackers that is the only way AOC will be clean...
let me give u an eg.u all knw SAGRAMOR aka FULGORE he was banned frm aoc for maphacking whn there was no clear proof......we also need to take some actions to keep our community clean
 Direwolf_

Edited 25 October 2011 - 9:26 am by Direwolf_
Removing all ladders other than cba would be counter productive

99.9% of complaints come from cba games, and the number of complaints is growing every day

The main reason we don't get complaints from mcb, bloods, or alternative maps is that there is a relatively small community in each map and most of them know each other. If you constantly drop from games then you won't get to play. A lot of times they won't even let you into the games because they don't know you, which encourages people to use the same name instead of smurfing. CBA is a whole different monster since there are so many games running at the same time and a lot of those players have just played CBA and nothing else.

I'm afraid removing ratings will just diminish the game to the point we were a few years ago, with a max 300 player lobby at peak times.

This is a really false statement, fact is if you don't know host or have no one that can vouch for you, you get kicked from any decent blood games, no trial, they'd rather wait 30 mins more for a game. It doesn't encourage them to stay on the same name. So what does the average guy do, they go play cba, where they don't get kicked but instead learn a culture of team stacking and drop tricking.
 Good

Posted 25 October 2011 - 11:16 am
I don't think ratings should be removed. People like competition. Ratings keep things competetive.
 [Eot_]ForgiveMe_

Group: Game Advisor
Posted 25 October 2011 - 11:44 am
Rambit wrote:
There would be no point in removing all ratings other than CBA. CBA is where the problem lies in regard to not playing fairly. Very rare to have blood matches where people cheat.

As far as a solution goes for the people quitting, maybe if we kept records of each time people quit it would be some form of solution. Unless I have missed something, the quitting issue has been the only valid reason to keep ratings. However it has also been pointed out that it doesn't happen on GR where they don't have ratings.

I am in an uncommon position on Voobly where 95%+ of the games I play are either full friend rooms or full known rooms... so I must admit I very rarely encounter any sort of game sabotage. That said if you do remove CBA rating you may discourage certain behavior from certain users which will make the average 15xx-16xx CBA gamers gaming experience on Voobly better. Im also sure there are plenty of players with 18+ 2k+ ratings that have abused the system to achieve rating that may behave themselves if you remove rating.

Having said if you remove ratings you will begin to have:
14xx-15xx players playing against 18xx-19xx players with no indicator of skill... which may or may not be a good thing.
Competition may die for the higher tier players... the only resolution would be for the upper level CBA players to become similar to the CB or Blood Communities... small in number but familiar with everyone and willing to wait for games. Considering how much drama goes on with quite a few players I really think you may have a-lot of good CBA players just stop playing.
Non known good players will have very difficult times finding good games.
As mentioned you may have users just look at civs and leave game... if you can monitor how often a player quits within a certain time frame maybe you can discourage this.
 Alfz_

Posted 25 October 2011 - 11:45 am
If you remove ratings you will kill custom. People play CS because there is competition. I will not waste my time to play games with noobs, i want COMPETITIVE games. I agree though in removing Alternative and Blood ladders. They are useless, as the community playing those maps is too small. Keep CBA and Castle blood and reset the ladders every 3 months. But again, removing the ladders will turn out in a massive rage quit from good players and voobly will turn into a noob house.
 risk

Group: Game Moderator
Posted 25 October 2011 - 12:03 pm
Great, give people an additional reason to quit this dying game.
 BF_Basse

Posted 25 October 2011 - 12:13 pm
Remove ratings for Custom Scenarios would be AWESOME. Would attract all the 24/7 CBA players to other, better maps.

123[4]56789101112131415161718192021»
Displaying 46 - 60 out of 404 posts
Raccourcis de forum
5 User(s) are reading this topic (in the past 30 minutes)
0 members, 5 guests

过去一周最活跃的帖子: